Creating a Governance Team to Overcome Issues
The company was so siloed that cross-department cooperation and communication were severely limited. For several years, the company struggled to get everyone to work together as one team. As a result, whenever a project required multiple departments, there were excessive inefficiencies and miscommunications. Client issues were also on the rise, especially misunderstandings around expectations and accountability. And finally, there was no process in place to resolve these conflicts or optimize performance.
A Governance Team was created, which included the business line owners and senior executives from every organization. This instantly aligned people and teams to expand bandwidth, execute projects, discuss problems, mature, and evolve the organization together. Ultimately, the team’s work grew skill sets, expanded influence, and created efficiencies within key corporate initiatives.
Once formed, the Governance Team was able to identify and direct +70 managers and associates to advance talent, improve experiences, improve operational delivery, and grow the business.
- Prioritized and directed 72 projects that led the investment of +45K hours across multiple service lines
- Advanced teamwork and knowledge sharing among +330 professional services associates
- Created ‘Manager Collaboration Forums’ to bring managers together across all business units, enhance manager skill sets, increase team capabilities, and improve staff satisfaction
- Created a ‘Trusted Advisors’ program to uplift associates’ skill sets: needs assessment, strategic consulting, and client stakeholder management
- Standardized 398 regional business and process workflows across the organization
- Saved 9.2K hours per project, which achieved $1.2M in estimated efficiency gains
- Reduced the average time to complete projects by 3 months (+16K project hours)
Globally Scaling the Local Staffs
After successfully expanding global business, the corporation needed to increase its workforce significantly. Staffing became an issue, since they needed to manage costs by quickly hiring locally. In addition, to continue to meet client expectations, they didn’t have time to divert from projects to train the new staff. Therefore, they needed a way to onboard and train local hires from multiple countries while getting them working on actual projects immediately.
We redefined how teams and individuals learn and connect worldwide by 1) creating new education programs and 2) by implementing a social media platform, which enabled associates and clients to stay current with new solutions and innovations. These two design elements led the overall learning strategy for employees in North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania by delivering programs that aligned with organizational imperatives and met with client expectations. Our team oversaw instructional analysis, design, and development. We determined program directions, vision, mission, and objectives. Also, we managed the overall operations from project start through to delivery.
The company successfully achieved the following:
- Created several ‘fast-track’ consulting leadership programs to advance talent
- Decreased time to work by 95% for an associate aspiring to achieve advanced consulting, professional services, and project management positions through the design and development of coaching and apprenticeship programs
- Generated a 50% reduction in time to develop skill sets for key consulting, professional services, and project management position
- Saved USD $9.4M in cost avoidance per annum through the creation of recruiting, education, and training efficiencies over a 2YR timeframe